Please use the directory below to find the perfect opportunity for you. When you are ready to register for an opportunity you will be asked to complete our standard volunteer application. Please note some opportunities will require you to answer additional questions.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Act as a representative of JCOS by leading, educating and conveying the JCOS mission to volunteers on
outdoor stewardship projects throughout our parks.
• Represent JCOS by being a visible presence in our parks.
• Lead volunteer groups in safe and successful group projects.
• Complete a report after each project, tracking volunteer hours and work accomplished statistics.
Be in good physical condition.
• All volunteers must complete a background check before working with visitors.
• Volunteers must abide by the JCOS Volunteer Orientation Manual.
• Volunteers must follow Crew Leader uniform guidelines.
• Complete required training and mentoring.
• Lead a minimum of 2 group projects a calendar year.
• Flexible and determined by the volunteer, based on availability
• Group projects typically occur, Monday through Friday and occasionally on weekends